Would you buy a new car from the very first car lot that you happened upon? Probably not. So why would you buy an insurance policy from the first company you found online? While it can definitely be convenient to shop for insurance online directly from a national provider, you could be missing out on big savings if you don’t shop around.
The next logical step is to work with an insurance agent who can give you advice and help you find the right policy. But not all insurance agents do the same thing. In fact, some agents work for a single insurance company, so they can make it difficult to explore all of your coverage options. But an independent insurance agent typically works with different companies, making it easy to find the right coverage at a great price. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of choosing our independent agents!
What Are the Advantages of Independent Insurance Agents?
Some of the most important things that an independent agent can do for you include:
- Help you to quickly compare coverage options and prices with many different insurance providers. Rates can vary greatly from provider to provider, making it hard to keep track of the numbers on your own. With the help of someone who is more experienced in comparing prices, you can get the coverage you need without going over budget.
- You’ve got access to a one-stop-shop. While you may only be looking to invest in a new car insurance policy right now, you could be missing out on savings by not bundling your coverage. Since independent agents sell everything from auto insurance policies to life insurance and even small business coverage – you can shop for all of your insurance needs under one roof.
- You’ll have an advocate on your side. Because independent agents aren’t indebted to a single insurance company, they can help to assess your needs first and then make suggestions based off of your needs. While they do still make a commission off of each new policyholder they work with; their top priority is you, not the insurance provider. They can help to break down your coverage options, make sure you meet the proper state requirements for Wisconsin residents and review your policy as needed.
- Work with your neighbors. When you go independent, you’re working with your neighbors. Our independent insurance agents are active in the community and know what life is like in the greater Madison area better than anyone. We understand the unique needs of the locals and can help you to plan for your future here as well.
- You can talk to a real person. If you have to make a claim on your policy, you can give us a call or even come into the office. There’s no need to get frustrated while trying to navigate an automated phone system. Don’t have the time to chat over the phone? No worries, shoot us an email and we’ll work to answer your questions quickly. We know that the insurance industry can be confusing and want to make sure that you feel confident and protected with your policy choices.
Contact Homewood Insurance Today
Want to learn more about the benefits of buying insurance with an independent agency? Don’t miss out on huge savings by limiting your shopping choices! Instead, take your insurance coverage seriously and invest in comprehensive coverage with us. Call (608) 442-6666 or contact us today to learn more and be sure to request a free quote.